Dental crowns have been used in the dental industry for many years because of their success at restoring your oral health or protecting a tooth. There are many uses of dental crowns that can benefit your oral health or aid in a smile restoration like dental implants. To help you learn more about dental crowns and how they can be used for you, our dentist, Dr. Frank C. Raymer with Frank C Raymer DDS INC in Irvine, California, and the entire team is excited to share this list of the many benefits and uses of dental crowns.
The many benefits and uses of dental crowns include:
– Dental crowns are helpful for repairing teeth that are fracturing and splitting apart.
– Dental crowns are popular for teeth that have broken into bits.
– Dental crowns can be used in situations to hold teeth and fillings together.
– If you have previous restorations in place including tooth prosthetics such as bridges or implants, dental crowns can be placed over the top of them.
– Dental crowns can be sized and shaped for your needs.
– Children who are at an elevated risk for tooth decay, as well as adults who have weak or deteriorating tooth enamel, can use dental crowns to add an additional layer of protection for vulnerable teeth.
– Dental crowns are helpful in situations where a tooth has shattered, and no other restorations can effectively be used apart from removing the remaining bits of the tooth with an extraction.
As you can see, there are many benefits to dental crowns that can be useful to improve your oral health and smile restorations. If you would like to learn more about dental crowns or wonder if a dental crown can help your smile, then please call us today at 949-551-2606 to make an appointment. Our dental team looks forward to assisting you with your oral health care needs.