Although dental erosion is seemingly natural process of wear on your tooth enamel as you age, it can be avoided. Teeth will naturally wear down over time due to the stress of eating and chewing, but with the proper care and avoidance of foods and drinks that increase your risk for dental erosion, a healthy smile can be yours for a lifetime.
The guidebook to dental erosion and your oral health care is yours to command. In order to keep your oral health care at its best, consider the following facts about dental erosion treatments:
– Sugars and sweets, including sour sweets, have been noted to be nearly as acidic as battery acid. Thus, it is recommended to avoid sour sweets in the foreseeable future.
– Studies have revealed that saliva production in your mouth can lower your risk for dental erosion. To raise saliva production, try chewing sugarless gum after meals, or use a mouthwash.
– When your teeth are eroded by acidic ingredients, they are more susceptible to damage, even those arising from cleaning tools. As an added layer of protection, try to use brushes with soft bristles.
– Dental erosion risks can be lowered by practicing simple oral health cleaning habits every day including brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing once a day.
– Dental erosion is often present in individuals that have a poor diet. Eating healthy and avoiding problematic elements such a sugar will drastically lower your risk of dental erosion.
If you are at an increased risk for dental erosion, Frank C Raymer DDS INC is here to help you with all your oral health needs. For a complete diagnosis from Dr. Frank C. Raymer and our team at our dentist office in Irvine, California, you can schedule an appointment by calling us at 949-551-2606. Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!